When it comes to relocating, packing is probably the biggest time-consuming job of the entire process. To fill boxes with your clothes and belongings, only to have to unpack them is a daunting task. Fortunately, we have put together some packing hacks that will help save you time, effort, and save your sanity!
Top Packing Hacks
- Roll your clothes when packing them, instead of folding them. This saves a lot of space and allows you to put more clothes in your box, or suitcase. Using suitcases to transport your clothes is another usual packing hack. Why waste the empty space of a suitcase when you have to move them anyway? This will also save you money in packing supplies since you will need fewer boxes.
- Leave all your clothing from your closet on hangers and place garbage bags over them. Then simply hang them up in the closet of your new home. You will be all set to go up in your new closet within moments of moving in.
- If you have dresser drawers that are full of light items, don’t bother to pack this drawer into a box. Simply cover the drawer with heavy-duty plastic wrap. This hack can be used on any container or storage bin, like your utensil container.
- Make sure you label every cord! Use duct or masking tape and write the name of the electronic it belongs to, this will save you a lot of stress when trying to match things back up. To make it even easier to set everything up at the new place, take a picture of the back of your TV and other electronic devices.
- In order to avoid a huge mess, unscrew all bottles of liquid (shampoo, cleaning supplies, etc.) and place a layer of plastic wrap over the opening before putting the cap back on.
- Pack a separate small bag with everything you’ll need for daily use; one outfit, cosmetics, medications, etc. Chances are you won’t unpack everything in one day, so make sure you have everything you need for one night easily accessible.
Hopefully, these different packing hacks will serve you well on your move. Of course, there are a lot of things to take into consideration when packing. Here are some more useful tips. Don’t forget, if you’d like to let the professionals handle the packing, Premier Relocations will be happy to assist you. Give us a call, one of our representatives will be happy to discuss costs, materials and packing/unpacking services.