Moving fraud is a very serious crime that can leave victims out of money, belongings and answers. Moving is already stressful in nature, and if fraudulent, can turn into a nightmare. At Premier Relocations, we want to educate consumers to ensure moving fraud doesn’t happen to you.
How to Avoid Moving Fraud
- Have the mover visit your home for an accurate quote.
- Visit the mover’s place of business.
- Don’t use a moving company that requires a deposit.
- Get references from consumer agencies such as the Better Business Bureau or The American Moving and Storage Association.
- Do your research to ensure you are not victimized.
Watch this video from Fraud Squad TV to learn what you can do to prevent moving fraud.
Have you been victimized by moving fraud? Turn to MoveRescue.com, a non-profit organization endorsed by Mayflower, aimed at stopping disreputable movers.